What Your Booklet’s Success REALLY Depends On

Someone recently said that 80% of your book’s (or in our case here, booklet’s) success is determined by the quality of your book, while the remaining 20% will be determined by marketing, distribution and luck.  What do you think?  Do you believe this is true?  If you do, you are absolutely WRONG!

The truth is that it’s the reverse.  Your booklet’s success depends far more (yes, even up to 80% and possibly higher) on your marketing than it does on the quality of your booklet.

That’s not to say that you should slap something together and expect it to do well.  Your booklet and other products still have your name printed on them and are a representation of you and your publishing company (yes, your publishing company!  If you self publish, you own a publishing company!).  So, of course you want them to be good.

But, without the marketing your products will never see the light of day and you’ll never a make a dime.

Talent won’t get you very far if nobody knows your booklet exists.  You’ve got to get it done and then get it out there.  And how you get it out there matters, as well as to whom you present it to.  Marketing is as much an art as writing is, if not more so.  You can write the best book or booklet in the world, but if nobody knows about it what does it matter that you wrote it?

Don’t make the mistake of thinking you need a lot of talent to write a booklet.  You don’t.  You need to know how to write a sentence.  That’s it.  Beyond that it’s all about the marketing.  And that’s true for any product or service.

To your riches!

Kim Hillman

PS:  Have you heard about my free ecourse, “12 Ways A Booklet Can Turn Your Writing Into Cash!”  Get it here now!

Get my ebook, “Publish Outside The Box” here!

And please friend me on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s