Even the big guys make mistakes. But, they can recover from them easier than you can. Here are five major marketing mistakes you want to avoid.
1) Believing your product is suitable for everyone. Everyone uses tooth paste, but one brand varies from the next. Some people like one kind, some like another. Some people need a special kind of tooth paste for dentures, some people buy tooth paste for children. Your booklet may be suitable for everyone, but not everyone will like it or be able to use it.
2) Trying to market to more than one niche at one time. Twice the marketing equals twice the cost. It’s far better to establish a single, profitable niche first, and then if your booklet can cross over into another niche you can go for it.
3) Marketing without a plan. Many companies will try one thing after another hoping it will work. Blind marketing is NEVER a good idea. You need a solid plan of action based on what has worked in the past.
4) Expecting someone else to take care of the marketing for you. Big companies hire big marketing agencies to take care of their marketing. They spend millions of dollars, which are often wasted because these agencies don’t really care whether or not the marketing they do works. They only care whether it impresses the big company who hired them. Do your marketing yourself. Nobody cares about it as much as you do.
5) Not knowing whether the marketing you are doing works. If you don’t know whether or not it’s working, how do you know whether you should do it again or try something else? Often big companies will spend money on new marketing techniques without knowing whether those techniques will work for them. Worse, they don’t bother to discover whether that marketing worked or not when it’s all said and done. A few orders may not necessarily mean success.
To your riches!
PS: Marketing is really a snap when you love what you do! Are you ready to write that booklet? Click here!
PPS: Don’t forget to click on one of the links at the top right of this page to subscribe so you never miss a single, important post! Remember, it only takes ONE idea to start the riches flowing to you!