Life is like a roller coaster. It has it’s ups and downs. Some days you might feel like you’re on top of the world, and other days you might feel like you’re in such a low valley you’ll never be able to climb out. But, no matter how you feel, you must remember you still have a booklet business to run. You must never allow your feelings to get in the way of your goals.
How can you do this? How can you work on your new manuscript, or call that executive who is interested in a quantity purchase, or fill those orders that came in today when you’re feeling so down and out that you just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep? Or when you’re so excited that you just want to burst and you can’t concentrate on anything?
Here are five ways you can use to deal with the stuff life throws at you so you can be more productive in your writing and your business.
1) Take a brisk walk. Walking helps you burn off some energy. It helps to calm you. If you talk to that executive and he places a very large order, you may be so excited you just can’t concentrate on getting the rest of your work done. You need to burn off that energy so you can go back to work.
Walking also helps to calm you when you feel down. It gives you time to think, and to focus on the solution to the problem.
2) Call a friend. Ok, you know you shouldn’t be talking to friends during your working hours. But, when you are just so emotional you can’t work anyway, talking to a friend can help you release that emotion so you can focus on your work again and do what needs to be done.
3) Search online for a solution. Sometimes it helps to read what others have written who are in the same situation. You can read articles, blog posts, or even join an online group to find the answers you need.
4) Engage in a relaxing activity. When you’re wound up too tight, no matter which way, you need to relax. It’s time to go to the bookstore to browse a little and maybe have some coffee. Or, do some exercise or go for a swim. Maybe a hot bath and some music will help.
5) Set a certain amount of time aside to think about it, and when the time is up go back to work. You can’t ignore your feelings, but you can’t allow them to interfere with your work either. If they do, they’ll end up interfering with your life and you’ll never reach the goals you have set for yourself. So, give yourself some time to feel the way you do – to think about things – and then, when time’s up go back to work.
To your riches!
PS: Don’t forget to click on one of the links at the top right of this page to subscribe so you never miss a single, important post! Remember it only takes one idea to start the riches flowing to you! Also, if you like this post please share it on del.ic.ious, StumbleUpon or the social website of your choice. Thanks!