You begin your booklet journey with high expectations and tons of enthusiasm. Your booklet and your new little business consumes you. It’s all you can think about. You put every waking moment that you can into your new venture, and you begin to reach your goals. You achieve success. And then, it happens.
Suddenly, you don’t have the same enthusiasm you did as when you started. You find yourself slacking off. You’re not as on top of things as you should be. And the worst part is that you don’t really care. This is burnout, and if you’re not careful you’ll find it happening to you. Once it does, it can be difficult to get yourself back on track.
Here are some ideas to help you avoid burnout so you can go from success to sucess to success!
1) Pace yourself. Don’t try to do everything at once. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and your booklet business won’t be either. Do what you can each day, and before long your business will be booming!
2) Take short breaks. Even 15 minutes away from your work will help to renew your mind. Get up and stretch. Get a glass of water or a cup of coffee or tea. Take a short walk. Breathe!
3) Define your working hours and stick to them. When you own the business and you run it from home, it can be difficult to quit for the day because you are constantly reminded of your work. By defining your working hours you’ll be mentally prepared to stop for the day and do something else. Also, your family and friends will know when they can spend time with you or call you.
4) Go out to lunch once in a while. This is a great way to re-group, and it makes you feel like an important executive – which you are! You’re the top dog at your company!
5) Create a life outside of your business. Your work should not be your life. The goal for your business is to help you live the kind of life you want to live. Your business is important, but not as important as living your life. Spend time with family, friends, and doing other things you enjoy. Take a little time off now and then too. After all, isn’t this why you wanted to create a booklet in the first place?
Got an idea you would like to add? Your comments are always welcome!
To your riches!
PS: Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog by clicking on one of the links at the top right of this page so you never miss a single, important post! Remember, it only takes one idea to start the riches flowing to you! And if you like this post, please share it on del.ic.ious or StumbleUpon, or another social website of your choice. Thanks!