In order for you to make money with your booklet, you must sell it. And before you can sell it, people must be convinced to buy it. How do you convince people to buy it? One way is by prooving that you are the expert on your booklet’s subject.
There are several ways you can do this. Here are few for you to consider.
1) Be consistent in your writing. If you write a booklet about the pro’s and con’s of false teeth stick to your subject. Don’t write about another topic in the same booklet, even if it is related, such as how to find a good dentist. You can, however, write about how to find a good dentist who deals in false teeth. Do you see the difference? The first is generic, and second is specific to your subject.
Another way you need to be consistent is with the quality of information you provide in each booklet or product you create. If your buyers are thrilled with your first booklet, they’ll be equally thrilled with your next one as long as you are careful to give them the same value for their money that you did the first time.
2) Provide your readers with other sources for information. While some authors may fear that this will cause their readers to go elsewhere, smart authors know that this is another way to show that they are the best resource for obtaining information. Your readers will want to know what else you know when you give them this information. And after they check out those other sources, they will come back to you for more.
3) Stay on top of what’s happening in your topic of interest. You may know what’s going on today when you write your booklet, but things can change fast in today’s world. Six months or a year from now some of your information could be outdated, depending upon your particular subject.
Likewise, your market’s interests or tastes can change quickly. People are fickle. If you don’t keep up, you’re likely to be forgotten. Staying on top of your market is just as important as staying on top of your subject.
4) Provide a constant stream of information to your market. This keeps you at the top of your game because you always have something new to offer. It’s easy to forget a one booklet wonder, but when you are continually putting out new booklets, products and information you will stay at the forefront of people’s minds.
5) Don’t hide. Make it easy for people to find you and your booklets, contact you and buy from you. The importance of this can’t be understated. People need to be able to find your products before they can buy them. Once they do, they may have questions. And when they decide to buy, the buying process should be a no brainer.
When you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll be ahead of the pack!
To your riches,
PS: Like this post? I’d sure appreciate it if you could share it on del.ic.ious or stumbleupon. And don’t forget to click on one of the links at the top right of this page to subscribe so you never miss a single important post! Remember, it only takes one idea to start the riches flowing to you!