Have you been reading this blog and wondering what it really takes to become a booklet author? The truth is, not everyone can be a booklet author, and it has nothing to do with how talented or educated you are. Sure, talent and education are assets to you, but there are certain in-born qualities you need to have in this business.
So, what does it take to become a booklet author? Read on and see how you stack up!
1) The ability to sit down and start: Plenty of people tell me they want to write a booklet. Some of them have been talking about it for months. But it never happens. They want to do it, but they have every excuse why now isn’t the right time to start. They let their everyday life, with all it’s little quirks and problems that arise, get in the way. If you have the ability to sit down and start writing your booklet, you’re miles ahead.
2) The ability to finish what you start: The race isn’t won until someone crosses the finish line. Might that be you? Starting a booklet is one thing, finishing it is something else. If you never finish, you’ll never have a booklet.
3) The determination to succeed: You must make up your mind from the very beginning, when you first decide you’d like to write a booklet, that you will see your project through to the end. Writing a booklet is one thing. Selling it is another. Without the determination to succeed you’ll never make it. Determination is like rocket fuel speeding you toward your goal. If you are someone who doesn’t let every little bump in the road keep you from reaching your goals, you’ve got the determination you need.
4) The ability to set goals and stay the course: Some people never get what they really want because they don’t know what they really want. They sway with the circumstances life brings them, never giving any thought to being able to control their future and make their lives better. Setting goals gives you something to strive for. It makes you think about what you really want. If you can set goals and stay the course to see them through, you’ll make it.
5) A deep desire to have more: Are you someone who accepts your life as it is – or do you want more? Wanting more is the basis of all great achievements. It’s what drives us to take our first steps. But somewhere along the way most people stop believing they can have more, achieve more, or be more. They get complacent as they just try to get through the day. If you have a deep desire to have more riches and more richness in your life, if you can’t imagine living the rest of your life in the situation or the place you’re in today, then you have a huge advantage over most of the people around you.
So, how many of these in-born qualities do you have? If you have all five, congratulations! You have what it takes to become a booklet author!
To your riches!